Friday, May 14, 2010

Five Amazing Years!

Today marks the 5th anniversary of being married to the most incredible man! And since it's our anniversary, I feel I have the priviledge to brag a little bit! :)

It all started in high school. We were both attending the same church, and that is where we first met. We instantly became friends. He was so witty and funny, that it was hard to stay away! He could always make me laugh. The only problem, back then, was that he is three years younger than me. It's not a big deal now, but back then it was major. I mean, I was 15 and he was 12!! So I made it a point that we were only friends!

Well, going through high school we definitely had our ups and downs as friends. I had a boyfriend, and he didn't like that very much. So he kept his distance. But we always remained friends, and we would understand each other so well that we even joked about being soul-mates!

My senior year of high school, my boyfriend and I were having issues so I decided to take Josh to my senior prom. I didn't want any drama that night, and I knew I would have a fabulous time with him! That was one of the best decisions I've ever made! We had such a good time! He was so handsome and gentlemanly, that I think I really started seeing him as something more than a friend that night! But of course, I wouldn't admit that..to him or to myself!

Well, I went off to college and started dating other guys, and he was so faithful to still be my friend in all that. But then, I think it just got to him. He got really upset with me, and literally didn't speak to me for the rest of that college year. I was living in the dorms, so I had to move back home for the summer. He was around, and it was like a fly to glue paper..we became inseperable! We literally did everything together! We hung out every weekend, played on a volleyball team, went ghosthunting! Then he invited me to his parents river house on the fourth of july. I went down there, and really saw how he related to his family. I can even remember the moment I knew I was in love with him. He was sitting on the porch, and his younger sister Abbie (like 7 years old at the time) came and sat in his lap, and he was so great with her. I honestly started imagining having kids with him right there!

And then everything just kinda fell into place! We started dating, and it was so wonderful! I couldn't believe I was seriously falling in love with my best friend. We dated for 2 1/2 years, and then he asked me to marry him! There was no doubt in my mind, I knew he was the one meant for me!

Now, today, I cannot believe that 5 years has already gone by! We've had our ups and downs, but I have never for one second regretted saying "I do" well in our case it was "I will." We have two amazing children, and one on the way!

Josh is such an amazing father. Even thinking about this makes me tear up! He is so great with them, and their faces just light up as soon as he comes in the door. I don't even exist anymore, because they just want to be with their daddy. Even after he works 12+ hours doing a very laborous job in the sun, he comes home and gives 100 percent to them! And to me! He works hard to allow me to stay at home with my children, and I am so grateful to him!

More than that, though, he is a wonderful husband. Sometimes I know I can be hard to handle, and he is so patient with me. He never complains. SERIOUSLY, never complains! And he loves me unconditionally! I used to have a much worse temper. (Must be that redhead in me!) But since I've married Josh, I think he's rubbing off on me. He's so calm and patient, and it's exactly what I don't have. He honestly just makes me a better person!

So, for my baby, on our anniversary: I just want to say Thank you! Thank you for loving me and the babies with every part of your being. Thank you for working hard to provide for us, and never complaining. And most of all thank you for being the awesome man of God that you are! For being the spiritual head of our household, in which I know that you are making decisions for our lives based on guidance from the Holy Spirit. I love you so much, and I'm excited about the rest of our lives together!

4 comments:

  1. That was so sweet! I too passed on someone for Nathan and it was the best decision of my life...besides accepting Christ of course. :) Josh is a great guy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I teared up a little. You two are perfect for each other. Love you so much!! Move closer...please????

    ReplyDelete
  3. This made me cry!!! So glad that God brought you guys together. I feel the same way about Wesley -- I am unbelievably blessed. God definitely always knows what He's doing, huh? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sweet, Steph! I remember sitting at a table at some youth trip when Josh was asking for advice on how to properly date a girl (something about praying before hand or something). The details are fuzzy, but it was right around when you guys went out for the first time. Or maybe he was thinking of asking you out.. or maybe I dreamed it... either way, so glad things turned out the way they did & you're living a happy life together. ;)

    ReplyDelete