Monday, June 20, 2011

Progress is always good

So, lately I've felt pretty emotionally beat up.  I was feeling lonely and unproductive.  And like nothing in life was going my way.  I really was throwing myself a pity party.  I was drained. I have huge self esteem issues, and they always seem to come back when you are at your lowest.  The devil doesn't play fair folks!

I really started feeling it last week, and I felt like everything was spiralling out of control.  I finally had a break-down and confessed to Josh how I was feeling. How I didn't feel like I was getting anything accomplished in life. (I know, I know- Motherhood is a huge responsibility! But sometimes you get to the point where you don't even think you're good at that.) That's where I was.  I function better when I have a goal in mind, and I can see progress.

Josh sat down with me and we talked.  He pointed some very important things out to me.  For one- I wasn't sleeping.  Rachel has literally been getting worse and worse at night.  Waking 3-4 times at night, and staying up for over an hour. Not fun, and I was too drained to even deal with it.  But he convinced me that this is definitely the root of all the issues. And he was right.

I didn't have any energy.  No energy to manage the house, no energy to make friends, no energy for projects. I was just functioning on a very basic level.  If I could get the kids fed and bathed and in bed that was good.  But that's not enough for me. 

So last week, we started some sleep training with Rachel. And to really makes things hard, it felt like the time to start potty training Hannah as well.  Talk about a rough week.  Why not compile it all in one week? haha
So that's what we've been dealing with.  And we are starting to see progress.  In both areas.  And progress is always very, very good! 

I'll write a litte more when I have another chance!

1 comment:

  1. I know the feelings of surviving the day all too well. I'm so sorry, but happy to hear you've had some progress. Getting no sleep will effect you so much! I'm kind of a pill to take on my rested days much less when I'm tired..haha..

    ReplyDelete