Sunday, March 6, 2011

5 months!

Well, I sit here and write while the rest of the house sleeps. Typical. And since Rachel is the one keeping me up, I figured I'd write a blog for her.

Tomorrow, she turns 5 months! I feel like with each child, time just slips away faster and faster. With Elijah, I was always ready for the next step. With Hannah, I think I was just in a sleep-dazed fog. But now with Rachel, I really want her to stay a baby. I just want to savor everything. I want to always be able to hold her, and its just going by so fast. I already miss her being in that newborn phase. Where she completely fit on the nursing pillow, and when I could hold her throughout the day while she slept completely secure in my arms.

But she's really been a good baby. Here are some of the highlights of this last month:

At the beginning of the month, she started rolling over. From her tummy to her back.

She can hold her head up really good while laying on her tummy.

She likes to sit up straight. Whenever you hold her in a reclining position, she tries to pull herself up to sit straight. And she really likes to sit in her bumbo seat while mommy works in the kitchen.

She's super wiggly now. When I hold her she's constantly moving something. When she nurses, she's usually hitting one of her feet against my side. And when she lays on her back, she has usually turned a full 360 degrees several times.

She's a pretty good sleeper. She usually naps about 3 times a day for about an hour or two sometimes. Not that she doesn't have bad days though where she napped for maybe an hour all day! And she usually sleeps good at night, waking up 1-2 times.

She loves her older brother and sister. She gets really excited when they come around, and they always get a smile. This is saying alot because she doesn't smile for just anyone. Most of the time, strangers get a bottom puckered lip when they come close!

She has a cute little laugh. She's very ticklish around her neck, and her inner thigh. And she laughs a lot when I'm laughing at something.

And her latest accomplishment: she rolls from her back to her tummy now! She just started doing this last night and has been consistently doing it today too.

So, that's my Rachel. She's still really small and just petite, which makes her so unique and cute to me! I'm still just exclusively breastfeeding her. She's so small that I really don't think she's ready for cereal. Or maybe it's me holding off. :) I think I might wait a little while longer though.

Anways, that's about it. And now Rachel needs some attention, so I must go!

No comments:

Post a Comment