Saturday, November 14, 2009

"The Big Wed Cah"

for those 3o Rock fans out there!
This translates to "big red car" which is what we now call the new van that we got!
I myself didn't think I would be driving a van, but it was really the only practical thing to do. We needed more room, not only for my children..but we sometimes need to haul other people too. But we also wanted something that was fuel efficient for all the trips to Thomasville. So it only made sense.
Well we came across this van, and I've always liked the Odysseys over any other. We weren't really looking for all the extra perks, just a plain van. But this one has leather seats, power sliding doors, DVD system. And we got it for an amazing price! I feel soooo blessed to have it!
Well, then I started driving it! And I absolutely LOVE it!!! It is soo incredibly smooth. And EXTREMELY convenient! I really have found myself looking for errands so I can drive it! And I don't even mind loading up the kids to take with me, because that's just as easy too! I push a button, the door opens for me, I stand without straining to buckle them in, then the door closes for me! Whoever designed this van, had a woman's needs in mind!
Mind you, I am coming from driving a 2 door car, where I literally had to get in the backseat to buckle a baby in. So, needless to say..I am very happy! Oh, and that reminds me. I was reading back on old blogs, and I just read that we sold my car at the beginning of August! That's almost 4 months without a car. Seems crazy that I went that long, but I definitely feel like God was orchestrating this vehicle to work out for us! So I'm very happy that we waited. Anyways, here's a few pictures.













3 comments:

  1. Hey Steph...I love driving my van too. I love being able to push a button and a door opens for me. It is so nice. Our kids will never know how to actually open a door. I'm impressed you made it 4 months without a car.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome! Reading about your blong ALMOST made me consider owning a van. Fuel would be nice to save on and I can't imagine havign doors just open for me when my hands are full. But...I just like 'em big and tall! haha But I so happy that you were blessed with this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its just like ours! haha...So nice. Glad you got something you enjoy...Odyssey's are the best! :)

    ReplyDelete